Members and non-members may create and use accounts to order publications, etc.
Click here to create a user account. It's free!
Don't have your login information? E-mail us.
Not sure if your company is a member? Check to see if you are a member.
A group of Technical Section H - Measurement, Calculations and Handling of Hydrocarbon Fluids Including NGL and Natural Gas members met in Houston to work out details of GPA 2145 - Table of Physical Properties for Hydrocarbons and Other Compounds of Interest to the Natural Gas Industry. Since GPA 2145 is referenced in thousands of industry contracts for custody transfer of hydrocarbons, it is arguably one of the most important standards GPA maintains. When GPA 2145 is balloted sometime within the next two months, Technical Section H members will be voting on a new revision process for changes to equation of state or additional substantiated improved measurements. The balloted document will also have the following revisions (this summary does not include all changes):
1. All values for helium will be updated based on a new equation of state (EOS).
2. Propylene heat capacities will be updated based on the final EOS.
3. The "volume of air required to burn one volume of gas" will be updated to reflect the revised concentration of oxygen in air (explained further in a footnote in the document).
4. The definition of the relative density will be modified based solely on a fixed value (28.9625 lbm/mol), not on the molar mass of air.
5. The main tables will be updated to list pure fluids only; all properties for the air (a mixture) will be removed from the tables and included in the air footnote.
Section H is working to have GPA 2145 revised, balloted and published by January 2015.
Those who register by March 14 will save $50 on registration fees. Please visit www.GPAconvention.org for more information and to register online. We hope you'll consider joining us in Dallas April 13- 16.
2014 GPA Convention
April 13 - 16
Omni Hotel - Dallas, Texas
Visit www.GPAconvention.org for more information.